|Yield||825, 413, 207|
|Tex||300, 600, 900, 1200, 2400, 4800|
|Dry shear strength||9100psi|
|shear strength Retention||96%|
Single-End Rovings are produced by pulling individual fibers directly from the bushing and winding them onto a roving package ready for shipment. The uniform distribution of a proprietary sizing system ensures an excellent resin-to-glass binding through uniform distribution of the binding agent.
Single-End Rovings are manufactured using the T30® Roving state-of-the-art technology of Owens Corning, in conjunction with statistical process control in manufacturing facilities certified to ISO 9001.PRODUCT APPLICATION:
SE 1500 roving is specially designed for use in weaving and knitting operations where end use applications contain epoxy resins (anhydride and amine systems).It is not recommended to use SE 1500 Single-End Roving with non-epoxy resins.
SE 1500 roving is designed for applications such as woven, knitted, and multiaxial fabrics or pre-pregs, where enhanced fatigue performances are needed,such as automotive leaf springs and windmill blades SE 1500 roving is also suitable for use in filament wound pipe, tubes or tanks
Advantex® Glass is an Owens Corning patented glass formulation, which meets ASTM D 578 and ISO 2078, as a boron free corrosion resistant E-CR glass fiber. Advantex® Glass has been providing superior corrosion resistance vs.standard E-glass, since 1996, leading to longer part life and greater service life strength in applications facing corrosion,opening new markets for composites and our customers. Advantex® glass fiber reinforcements combine the electrical and mechanical properties of traditional E-glass with the acid corrosion resistance of E-CR glass.FEATURES AND PRODUCT BENEFITS:
(1) Excellent processing
• Low fuzz properties which equate to low clean-up and high machines efficiencies
• Excellent package run out and transfer with Tack-Pak® packaging
(2) Multi-process compatible
• For use on standard weaving looms as well as multi-axial knitting machines
• Also suitable for filament winding and pultrusion,
(3) Excellent strand opening and spreading
• Fast wet-out and high resin pick-up equating to increased quality in parts visual aspect after molding
(4) Designed for epoxy resin compatibility
• Excellent laminate strength and fatigue properties
• Provides high fatigue properties allowing this product to be qualified for wind energy.
(5) Available globally
• Global manufacturers can use product in all regions resulting in lower design and qualifications costs.
(6) Superior corrosion resistance with Advantex® Glass compared to standard E-glass
• Advantex® Glass provides superior corrosion resistance vs. standard E-glass, leading to longer part life and greater service life strength in applications facing corrosion.