Single-End Rovings are produced by pulling individual fibers directly from thebushing and winding them onto a roving package ready for shipment. The uniformdistribution of a proprietary sizing system ensures an excellent resin-to-glassbinding through uniform distribution of the binding agent.
Single-End Rovings are manufactured using the T30® Roving state-of-the-arttechnology of Owens Corning, in conjunction with statistical process control in manufacturing facilities certified to ISO 9001.PRODUCT APPLICATION:
SE 1500 roving is specially designed for use in weaving and knitting operationswhere end use applications contain epoxy resins (anhydride and amine systems).It is not recommended to use SE 1500 Single-End Roving with non-epoxy resins.
SE 1500 roving is designed for applications such as woven, knitted, and multiaxialfabrics or pre-pregs, where enhanced fatigue performances are needed,such as automotive leaf springs and windmill blades SE 1500 roving is alsosuitable for use in filament wound pipe, tubes or tanks
Advantex® Glass is an Owens Corning patented glass formulation, which meets ASTM D 578 and ISO 2078, as a boronfreecorrosion resistant E-CR glass fiber. Advantex® Glass has been providing superior corrosion resistance vs.standard E-glass, since 1996, leading to longer part life and greater service life strength in applications facing corrosion,opening new markets for composites and our customers. Advantex® glass fiber reinforcements combine the electrical andmechanical properties of traditional E-glass with the acid corrosion resistance of E-CR glass.FEATURES AND PRODUCT BENEFITS:
(1) Excellent processing
• Low fuzz properties which equate to low clean-up and high machines efficiencies
• Excellent package run out and transfer with Tack-Pak® packaging
(2) Multi-process compatible
• For use on standard weaving looms as well as multi-axial knitting machines
• Also suitable for filament winding and pultrusion,
(3) Excellent strand opening and spreading
• Fast wet-out and high resin pick-up equating to increased quality in parts visualaspect after molding
(4) Designed for epoxy resin compatibility
• Excellent laminate strength and fatigue properties
• Provides high fatigue properties allowing this product to be qualified for wind energy.
(5) Available globally
• Global manufacturers can use product in all regions resulting in lower design andqualifications costs.
(6) Superior corrosion resistance with Advantex® Glasscompared to standard E-glass
• Advantex® Glass provides superior corrosion resistance vs. standard E-glass, leadingto longer part life and greater service life strength in applications facing corrosion.