This product is produced using Advantex® glass fiber.Advantex glass fiber combines the electrical and mechanical properties of traditional E-glass with the acid corrosion resistance of E-CR glass.PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
M705 mat is made of randomly oriented chopped glass strands bonded together in mat form using an emulsion binder. The emulsion binder uniquely bonds the mat so that it conforms rapidly to highly contoured molds. It is a porous, well bonded mat which maintains its integrity during the impregnation process and provides an uniform wet-through rate. The emulsion binder produces superior handling properties compared to powder bonded mats. PRODUCT APPLICATION:
• M705 mat is a reinforcement for use with unsaturated polyester resins in the hand lay-up process. Ideal for applications such as auto parts, boats, chemical tanks and swimming pools.
• Typical applications are those which require a high glass content and good mechanical properties. M705 is ideal in applications requiring rapid impregnation and excellent wetting. M705 has excellent handling and tailoring properties as well as the ability to conform rapidly to even the most complex molds. FEATURES AND PRODUCT BENEFITS:
• Excellent impregnation properties.
• Quick wetting with rapid air release maximizes holding productivity and reduces resin demand, thereby reducing costs.
• Excellent conformability.
• The ease of handling and ability to conform rapidly to complex molds helps in making high quality parts with ease.
• Good mechanical properties.
• Good bonding with low resin demand provides excellent laminate properties as demonstrated with the Lloyds/dnv certifications.